Thursday, November 27, 2008

Giving Great Thanks


I have a lot of things to be thankful for...

I can start with gratitude that my life is calm and without fear, abundant with food and resource, family, friends, and community. I am grateful for all the opportunities given to me by way of all my life experiences and my connections to all those in my life. I'm grateful for all the things that provide an opportunity for growing my spirit and my heart, even when I sometimes don't recognize it as such an opportunity.

I'm grateful for my little immediate family, reinventing what it means to love, and for my wider blood family, who has nurtured and supported me through lots of hard and wonderful times, and for my even wider family of "kinfolk" and friends, all of you who have reflected me back to myself and offered an incredible array of gifts, assistance, friendship, love, laughter, and happiness.

I give great thanks to the earth under my feet, both where I stand today, and at the location I call home, for feeding my body, mind, and soul.

May we be grateful every day, may we love each other in gratitude for all we give, all we are given, and all that is still to come.

I love you all!

No comments: