Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Nancy's Garden






This past weekend, we went to visit my family down in Little River, near Mendocino, to celebrate four Leo birthdays: Ella, Phil, Nancy, and my Uncle Jim. Nancy and Phil are our special surrogate grandparents, whom we love dearly. They moved to Little River from 40 acres outside of Ukiah a few years ago, and Nancy is a lifelong, skilled gardener. She has been very devoted to making their modest yard at their new house into a beautiful and productive garden. She has done quite a job at this point, with a mix of veggies, herbs, and ornamental beauties, like copromosa, japanese maple, strawberries, ornamental yarrow, geraniums, and such. I hope you all enjoy these lovely photos of Nancy's garden.

Otherwise, this weekend, we ate ourselves silly on meat, blueberry cheesecake for birthdays, cole slaw from my garden cabbage, we talked and played music, and took walks with Ella around the neighborhood and played with all the neighbor's lawn ornaments, and my aunt Barbara took me to the greatest yarn store ever. Oh it was a great time.

No comments: